Rui Fen’s work experience has primarily been in the area of family law. Prior to joining PKWA Law, she trained in family law at one of Singapore’s top law firms.
Rui Fen is a Singapore Mediation Centre Accredited Mediator.
Rui Fen’s significant areas of family and matrimonial law work include:-
- Applications under the Guardianship of Infants Act – including one for the urgent return of the chid to the home he grew up in.
- Divorce – drafting of settlement agreements, contested divorce, division of matrimonial assets and maintenance.
- Interlocutory applications during divorce proceedings – discovery and interrogatories to ascertain hidden assets.
- Custody, care and control of children – including urgent applications for return of the child.
- Adoption proceedings
- Appeal cases – drafting of Cases for the appellate courts hearing.
Outside of work, Rui Fen volunteers with the Singapore Children Society’s Appropriate Adult Scheme for Young Suspects.
Rui Fen is bilingual and speaks English and Chinese (Mandarin).