Sheila Cheng has a Masters of Law (LLM) from the National University of Singapore. She also has a 2nd Upper Class Honours from the University of Bristol.
Sheila has focused her career on the practice of family law, especially in cases involving high conflict and high asset worth. Her significant areas of work include:
- Contested divorce.
- Ancillary reliefs involving contentious children issues and financial issues.
- Advice on prenuptial agreements.
- Interlocutory applications including discovery and interrogatories to ascertain whereabouts of missing assets.
- Appeal cases.
Sheila’s ability to research thoroughly, to think deeply about legal issues and to present them clearly in arguments makes her a key member of the team.
As a student, Sheila volunteered as a writer at the Meet the People’s sessions at Holland – Bukit Timah GRC. Outside of work, she also spends time doing volunteer work in Thailand.
Sheila is bilingual and speaks English and Chinese (Mandarin).
Sheila is a trained family lawyer mediator:
- Singapore Mediation Centre Accredited Collaborative Family Practitioner (CFP)
- Appointed to Singapore Mediation Centre’s Panel of Collaborative Family Practitioners (CFP)