Sheila Cheng has a Masters of Law (LLM) from the National University of Singapore. She also has a 2nd Upper Class Honours from the University of Bristol.
- Singapore Mediation Centre Accredited Mediator.
- Singapore Mediation Centre Accredited Collaborative Family Practitioner (CFP).
- Appointed to Singapore Mediation Centre’s Panel of Collaborative Family Practitioners (CFP). .
Sheila has focused her career on the practice of family law, especially in cases involving high conflict and high asset worth. Her significant areas of work include:
- Contested divorce.
- Ancillary reliefs involving contentious children issues and financial issues.
- Advice on prenuptial agreements.
- Interlocutory applications including discovery and interrogatories to ascertain whereabouts of missing assets.
- Appeal cases.
Sheila’s ability to research thoroughly, to think deeply about legal issues and to present them clearly in arguments makes her a key member of the team.
As a student, Sheila volunteered as a writer at the Meet the People’s sessions at Holland – Bukit Timah GRC. Outside of work, she also spends time doing volunteer work in Thailand.
Sheila is bilingual and speaks English and Chinese (Mandarin).