CIVIL LITIGATION LAWYERS IN SINGAPORE
We provide expert litigation counsel both in and out of the courtroom. In Singapore, the trend is towards dispute resolutions, and we have a good track record in negotiating favourable settlements for our clients.
Do you need a Civil Litigation Lawyer?
At PKWA LAW, our lawyers have over 30 years of experience litigating cases for our clients.
We provide expert litigation counsel both in and out of the courtroom. In Singapore, the trend is towards dispute resolution and mediation, and we have a good track record in negotiating favourable settlements for our clients. We know how to leverage the best possible commercial settlement. In the event that an amicable settlement is not possible, we have the track record and the experience to litigate successfully in court.
We charge fixed fees
Once we have met up with you and understood your case, we offer you the choice of fixed fee litigation or time cost fees.
.Some of our Commercial, Civil & Arbitration Cases
- acting in a protracted and highly complex litigation in the Singapore High Court of one of the largest corporate bond defaults in emerging markets history. The claim was worth US$300 million and involved legal experts from the US and Indonesia. The case was heard in 3 different countries and the parties litigated all the way up to the Supreme Court of New York, the Supreme Court of Indonesia and the Singapore High Court.
acting for all 8 defendants to successfully defend a US$27 million multi cause of action claim for breach of contract, breach of agency and conspiracy to defraud. The matter reached the Court of Appeal which upheld our arguments.
acting for one of the largest property agency companies in Singapore in an action against some of its former employees and agents for poaching its staff and for breach of contract.
defending former students in a defamation suit brought by a well- known options trading trainer.
acting for a US listed MNC in litigation over the construction of a wafer fab plant in Singapore.
acting for DBS Bank in the recovery of credit card and housing loans.
acting for the Nominee in the successful seeking of bankruptcy protection under the Bankruptcy Act for two directors of a Singapore listed company. This allowed the directors to resolve and restructure their personal liabilities of about $51 million arising out of corporate guarantees they had executed in connection with the debts of the company.
advising a major international hotel hotel chain in their dispute against their Singapore landlord.
We can assist you in the following types of commercial and civil cases:
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Rent disputes
- Breach of contract
- Corporate and Partnership litigation
- Partnership Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Oppression Remedy
- Commercial Contract litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Building and renovation defects
- Employment Law Litigation (Employer and Employee)
- Wrongful dismissal claims