Matthew Ang previously worked in one of Singapore’s largest law firms as a corporate lawyer. He then joined Maybank as legal counsel before joining PKWA Law’s Corporate Law Department.
Matthew’s expertise is in joint ventures and business/share sale and acquisitions. He has extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of commercial contracts.
Maybank Singapore Limited
- Drafted and reviewed numerous agreements, including IT service agreements, loan agreements, merchant agreements, sponsorship agreements, collaboration agreements.
- Advised on day-to-day operations of the bank, including relationships with customers and on transactions and deals.
- Drafted and reviewed terms and conditions for numerous products, promotions and campaigns.
- Drafted and advised on privacy policies, personal data protection policies as well as internal policies.
- Drafted internal employment agreements and advised on employment issues, matters and policies.
Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP
- Acted for the lessee in a S$39.4million built-to-suit project involving the development of a five-storey production facility;
- Acted for the lessee in a leaseback of a hotel pursuant to a sale of the hotel for S$210million;
- Acted for a large international bank in the tenancies and licences for all its offices, branches and ATMs in Singapore;
- Acted for major landlords in the commercial project leasing of several office buildings, industrial buildings and malls, including negotiating on lease terms with anchor tenants and large tenants; and
- Acted for tenants in the leasing of office and retail spaces in office buildings and malls.
Matthew also has acted in the following matters:
- Acted for the sellers in a US$200million sale of shares in a public listed company in Indonesia;
- Acted for the sellers in a US$6.6million sale of shares in a corporate service firm and an accounting firm in Singapore to a public-listed company in Singapore;
- Acted for a major shareholder of the purchaser in a US$11million purchase of shares in a Singapore investment-holding company which indirectly owns 3 logistic companies in China;
- Acted for the sellers in a ~US$20million sale of shares in a food manufacturing company in Indonesia;
- Acted for the lender in a S$4.4million loan to a Singapore company for the purpose of subscription of shares in a joint venture company;
- Advised and assisted a Chinese state-owned public transport company in the tender of a public bus package in Singapore.
Matthew is fluent in English and Mandarin.