The litigation lawyers in the firm have vast experience in a wide range of litigation matters including the following:
- Banking Related Litigation
- Building & Construction
- Corporate Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Frauds
- Debt Collection and Enforcement of Securities
- Employer and Employee Disputes
- Estate and Trust
- Corporate and Personal Insolvency
- Intellectual Property Related Transactions
- Sale of Goods/Commercial Transactions
- Landlord and Tenant .
Head of Litigation Mr Lim Chong Boon is recognised as a Dispute Resolution Star by Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2019. He is also a recommended leading lawyer in the areas of “Civil and Family Law” by ACQ Law Awards 2014 and by Global Law Experts 2015 Edition.
Our focus is on commercial and civil litigation. Our commercial and civil litigation lawyers are also experienced in property related litigation such as breach of contract over property and property defects.
Some of our Commercial, Civil & Arbitration Cases
- acting in a protracted and highly complex litigation in the Singapore High Court of one of the largest corporate bond defaults in emerging markets history. The claim was worth US$300 million and involved legal experts from the US and Indonesia. The case was heard in 3 different countries and the parties litigated all the way up to the Supreme Court of New York, the Supreme Court of Indonesia and the Singapore High Court.
acting for all 8 defendants to successfully defend a US$27 million multi cause of action claim for breach of contract, breach of agency and conspiracy to defraud. The matter reached the Court of Appeal which upheld our arguments.
acting for one of the largest property agency companies in Singapore in an action against some of its former employees and agents for poaching its staff and for breach of contract.
defending former students in a defamation suit brought by a well- known options trading trainer.
acting for a US listed MNC in litigation over the construction of a wafer fab plant in Singapore.
acting for DBS Bank in the recovery of credit card and housing loans.
acting for the Nominee in the successful seeking of bankruptcy protection under the Bankruptcy Act for two directors of a Singapore listed company. This allowed the directors to resolve and restructure their personal liabilities of about $51 million arising out of corporate guarantees they had executed in connection with the debts of the company.
advising a major international hotel hotel chain in their dispute against their Singapore landlord.
ABOUT PKWA LAW
PKWA Law is an established full service Singaporean law firm with 30 years of solid reputation and more than 100 employees. We are conveniently located at HBD Hub.
PKWA Law was recently ranked as one of Singapore’s top SME companies in 2016 in the “30th Singapore 1000 / SME 1000 Awards”. This is an annual award organised by DP Information Group and Ernst & Young and supported by IE Singapore, SPRING Singapore, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA), Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA) and the Singapore Business Federation.
PKWA Law was also recognised as one of Singapore’s fastest growing companies 2020 in a study published by the Straits Times.