Established since 1988, PKWA Law has been providing affordable Probate legal services from only $1,200

singapore probate lawyer, affordable probate fees



CALL US NOW – 6854-5336


Dealing with the estate of a loved one who has died can be overwhelming and emotionally draining. The probate lawyers at PKWA Law provide a personal and sympathetic service to clients whose loved ones have passed away and who need a professional team of  Singapore probate lawyers to apply for Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration.

Established since 1988, PKWA Law is one of Singapore’s most well known and largest probate law firms. We are consistently named as a leading family law firm by independent legal publications.  With more than 130 employees, and a client list that includes all the  major banks and government statutory board, you can be confident that you are hiring excellent lawyers – at fees that are fixed, clear and transparent.


.What is Probate?

Think of it as the legal steps to get your inheritance.

.When someone passes away, you’ll need to get the legal right to deal with their property, money and possessions (their ‘estate’).   You cannot simply just walk into the bank and ask to withdraw the deceased’s money. Neither can you simply transfer the deceased’s property to your name.


How PKWA Probate Lawyers help you

You need to take legal steps to lawfully get your inheritance. This is what probate lawyers do – to help the executors get a court order called a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration so that the executors can collect the assets and then distribute them to the rightful beneficiaries.

To get your inheritance, you should engage a Probate Lawyer to help you apply for a ‘Grant of Probate’ (if there was a Will) or “Letters of Administration” (if there was no Will).

At PKWA Law, our team of experienced and dedicated probate lawyers, supported by a team of professional legal executives, have 30 years of experience and have helped countless clients to obtain Grant of Probate (where there is a will) and Letters of Administration (where there is no will).

Because of our experience, we are normally able to obtain your Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration in about one month.


Procedure for filing a Probate application

There are 3 main stages to filing a probate application in Singapore.  The 3 stages are as follows (source:  Family Justice Court):

flow chart for probate process in Singapore

There are 3 main stages when you apply for probate at the Singapore Family Court – Probate flow chart




At PKWA Law, our probate fees are are among the lowest in Singapore.  Our popular Probate Fixed Fee Packages are clear and transparent to give you certainty about your fees.


Grant of Probate – $1,200

Letters of Administration – $1,500

*Disbursements and GST not included.

SINGAPORE PROBATE LAWYER - grant of probate fees

Established since 1988, PKWA Law is a leading probate law firm and charges  affordable Probate fees from only $1,200






probate lawyer singapore

 At PKWA Law, our Probate Law Team is headed by Mr Lim Chong Boon, a leading family lawyer in Singapore.  Our probate fees start at only $1,200, and is one of the most affordable in Singapore.  Contact our probate team now at 6854-5336.



“The Probate team I was assigned to is reliable, provides excellent service and always on-the-ball. Got my letters of administration in about a month with no hiccups!   PKWA is definitely a recommended professional service firm, and I would highly engage the firm in future when the need arises.”

Special mention to Mr Firdaus who never fails to address my emails and calls patiently and promptly.”


8 May 2018


“It is great to engage PKWA as they handled matters professionally, are fast and reliable. Matters are communicated in simple and easy-to-understand terms minus the legal jargon. I would like to thank Mr Firdaus for his assistance in preparing the Letters of Administration for me.”

December 2017


“I’m pleased with their prompt actions. As such, I sought their service again to settle my parent’s letter of administration.”

 Jo C

November 2017


“Just to give our feedback that Jane has been so wonderfully attentive to my mother. She’s fantastic helper and very dedicated to what she’s doing!  Lawyer Lim Chong Boon also went the extra mile to help. Thanks to you and your teams in PKWA!”

Ms L

July 2015


PROBATE FAQs – by PKWA Probate Lawyer .


What happens when a person dies and leaves behind

a property that belongs to him/her?

A person, known either as an ‘executor’ or an ‘administrator’, has to be appointed by the Court to take charge of the deceased person’s property (collectively known as his ‘estate’).

If there is a will that has been made by the deceased person, it will contain details of the appointment of an ‘executor’ to take charge of the estate as appointed by the deceased person.

If there is no will made by the deceased person, an appointment of a person known as an ‘administrator’ will be appointed to take charge of the estate. This administrator is usually one of the next-of-kin of the deceased.

In order for such persons to be recognised legally as the executor or administrator of the deceased person’s estate, you should engage an experienced probate lawyer to apply for ‘Probate’ or ‘Letters of Administration’ respectively.


What is a Grant of Probate?

It is a court order authorising an executor, appointed by the deceased person under his Will, to administer his estate according to the directions contained in his Will.


What are Letters of Administration?

It is a court order authorising a person(s) to administer the estate of the deceased person in accordance with the law.


Who can apply for the Grant of Probate?

Only the executor(s) named in the Will of the deceased may apply for the Grant of Probate.


Who can apply for Letters of Administration?

In the case of Letters of Administration, any of the deceased person’s family members is entitled to apply to be appointed as an administrator. However, the law gives priority to certain members of the family over others, depending on the marital status of the deceased person and his/her family’s composition.

For example, if the deceased person was single, his surviving parents will have the priority over his brothers and sisters to be the administrators; or if the deceased person was married with children, his spouse will have priority over the children to be the administrator.

The law also requires that at least 2 administrators be appointed where there are one or more minor beneficiaries. A ‘minor beneficiary’ refers to any person below 21 years of age who has a share in the estate. This is to protect the minor beneficiary’s interest in the estate.



Quick Probate Singapore


About PKWA Probate Lawyers

At PKWA Law, our team of Family Lawyers are consistently named as leading Singapore lawyers by respected independent legal publications such as Asian Legal Business, Singapore Business Review, Global Law Experts and Doyle’s Guide to Singapore Family Lawyers.   


Keen to discuss more? Contact PKWA Law today for your free consultation.
Call Us At +65 6854 5336
(Family Law)
Call Us At +65 6397 6100
Email Us At

Make an Appointment / Enquiry
error: Content is protected